How To Fill Out Your U.S. Customs Form 3299
Declaration for free entry of unaccompanied Articles.
Please note the meaning of certain words used in this form:
• 'Importer' : Yourself
• 'Resident' : American Citizen
• 'Non-Resident' : Any citizen from a country other than the U.S.A.
• 'Foreign': Not American
• 'Personal Goods': Furniture and Household goods with the exception of personal effects.
• 'Personal Effects': Clothing, Jewelry, Photographic Equipment, Tape recorders, Stereo HiFi Components, Vehicles, etc....
• Boxes 1 to 7: Complete with your personal information. All boxes must be filled in.
• Box 8: Leave blank
• Mark with a 'cross' in the appropriate boxes.
• If you are a resident of the U.S., enter your passport number and social security number.
• If you are a non-resident, indicate your passport number, visa number and type of visa you are entering the U.S. on.
Part III - Leave blank
Put a 'cross' in the appropriate boxes. In item 'D', provide the following:
1. List of personal effects, with U.S. Dollar amount paid and purchase date.
2. List all furniture purchased less than a year prior to personal departure, also indicate U.S. Dollar amount and date of purchase for each item.
3. List alcoholic beverages, showing number of bottles, size/volume of each bottle, value per bottle, type of alcoholic beverage, alcohol content on wine & Champagne and proof of hard liquor.
4. These articles are subject to customs duties, taxes and supplementary entry fees.
Part V - Leave blank
Mark a 'cross' in 'B', sign and date.
Part VII - Leave blank